**The Board of Trustees of South Bucks Riding for Disabled Association is searching for a Centre Manager who has a passion for working with and developing people in a friendly yard based in South Buckinghamshire.
At SBRDA we enable people with physical, sensory and learning difficulties, of all ages and levels of ability to enjoy riding and horse-oriented activities for Therapy, Recreation and Sport. **
We are looking for an dynamic person with strong interpersonal skills to:
• Manage the Centre, including horse care, schooling of and exercising RDA horses and estate management.
• Promote the development of riding provision for the local disabled community.
• Coach individual and group sessions.
• Support the development of the staff and volunteers.
• To promote the work of and lead fundraising activities for SBRDA including social media.
You will :
• Support and encourage the diverse range of visitors who partake in the Centre’s activities.
• Have excellent team working skills.
• Have experience working with people with disabilities and /or volunteers
• Be keen to develop personal skills as a riding coach for disabled people.
• Have a keen interest in dressage.
For more information please email Di Redfern: firstname.lastname@example.org or Theresa Drake: email@example.com
The ability to work as part of a team of staff and volunteers. To lead by example.
Required Key Skills
Working with children
Working with the disabled
40 hour, 5 day week.
28 days leave per year
BHS and RDA training supported
We are a specialist centre, providing riding and equine based activities for children and adults with disabilities.
We provide weekly group lessons for disabled children from local specialist and mainstream schools.
We provide individual lessons for those who want to progress towards para-dressage.
4 dedicated members of staff and 30+ volunteers ranging from 14yrs to ....
We have range of horses and ponies.
We also have a mechanical horse.
Indoor and outdoor arenas with mirrors.
Undercover stalls and stabling.
Grazing and off road access to hacking.