Stud Manager required at Tomlinson Equine Stud. We are a busy specialist APHA approved equine reproduction centre based in Gloucestershire for both sport horses and thoroughbreds. We are looking for an experienced stud manager to take responsibility for the management and care of:
• Resident horses including the client mares, foals, recipient herd and standing stallions
• Walk-in horses - visiting mares and stallions for our reproduction services
The job includes all aspects of stud, which includes management, and organisation of:
• Daily routine, staff and yard
• Resident horses veterinary treatments
• Coordinate with vets to support efficient delivery of reproductive services
• Effective isolation of walk-in’s and short term residents
• Admission and discharges of all resident and walk in horses
• Horse health, welfare and testing
• Cleanliness, biosecurity and APHA compliance
• Client and supplier communications and management
• Paperwork and record keeping
• Feed orders, bedding, haylage etc.
• Pasture maintenance, rotation & fencing
• Premises upkeep
• Vehicle & equipment maintenance
Must be experienced, hard working, capable and have high standards in all areas of equine husbandry, client relations and staff management. Equine reproduction experience and/or stallion handling and semen collection experience an advantage. Good problem solving and management skills essential, as well as the ability to work within our existing working practices.
We work with world-renowned competition horses and clients and achieve good results. Salary dependent upon experience.
Start as soon as possible.
Please send Applications to email@example.com