Riding InstructorGrove House StablesGuest Member, Misterton, Nottinghamshire, DN10, United Kingdom
- Work type
- Work time
- No Accom.
- Bring own horse
- Training available
- Job No
- in 2 months
As a key member of a small team of instructors, this role calls for great collaboration and team work. You'll quickly build rapport with your clients and play an important role in bringing their equestrian riding goals and dreams to life.
This role involves:
- teaching people who want to ride as a leisure activity
- helping prepare for competitions like show jumping, eventing or dressage
- making sure health and safety rules are followed
- helping horses and riders to warm up and cool down during training
- developing training programmes suited to individual riders
- giving practical demonstrations
- helping riders correct problems
- giving feedback and keeping records of rider development
- assessing riders who are working towards qualifications
You'll be an accomplished rider, qualified to BHS/ABRS standard.
DBS checks are required as is accreditation for the Coaching Pathway for Riding for The Disabled Association.
A natural passion and enthusiasm for supporting important community programmes such as BHS 'Changing lives Through Horses' is a real must! We want to recruit individuals who have an authentic interest in helping horses and humans to jointly fulfil their potential.
A flexible approach to working hours and a willingness to cover at short notice from time to time.
Required Key Skills
- Equine First-Aid
- Handling Youngstock
- Sole Charge
- People Skills
- Long Reining
- Riding School
- Working with children
- Working with the disabled
Plenty of scope for continuous professional development, working with industry respected coaches. This is a friendly yard with a long standing and valued customer base.
Personal Development Plan 4 weeks holiday Company pension plan On site car parking
- Employer No
- Grove House Stables
- Guest Member
- Misterton, Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom distance
- Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom distance
- Facility type
Grove House Stables was established in 1991 and is a family owned and run business, with purpose built equestrian facilities. With over 30 horses and ponies, we have a mirrored indoor school with a state of the art professional surface, a floodlit outdoor arena, show jumping paddock, cross country jumps and fully managed livery facilities with a horse-solarium soon to be installed. Andrew Stennett, founding partner is a BEF Elite Recreational Coach and a qualified teacher of further education specialising in equestrian learning and development. His vision is to create an environment where horses and humans can be jointly supported to fulfil their equestrian and personal potential. We are looking for enthusiastic team members who want to actively contribute to taking our vision forward.