Lee Valley Riding Centre in Leyton, East London, is a BHS accredited riding school, training centre and livery yard. Our riding school has 60 horses and ponies working at a variety of levels for riders from complete beginners to BHS Stage 3.
You will need experience of working on a commercial riding school. You will provide riding lessons and lectures to customers and Working Pupils. You will assist our team of staff to provide the best possible care to our horses. An ability to develop a rapport and create a positive experience for customers is a must.
Key requirements and duties:
• Providing riding instruction at all levels, including working with children, adults and customers with special needs. Teach group and private lessons including lead rein, flatwork and jumping.
• Working shifts including evening and weekend work
• Assisting in the running of shows, customer competitions and BHS Assessment days
• Undertaking all manual tasks associated with the running of a stable yard, working as part of the team to achieve consistent standards to deadlines
Personal skills and qualities
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Exemplary working and safety practises
• A friendly and professional manner when communicating with the public and colleagues
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to provide exceptional customer service
• Physically fit and able to perform all yard duties to a high standard
Experience and qualifications
• BHS AI - Stage 3 Coach
• Extensive and verifiable experience in a riding school
• Experience of working on a large commercial yard
Required Key Skills
Working with children
37.5 hour week - Shift work, 1 weekend day
Part time hours available
Excellent benefits package including pension scheme
34 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays)
Lee Valley Riding Centre in London is a BHS accredited riding school, livery yard and training centre. We are a 60-horse riding school offering group and private tuition to riders of all abilities, training for BHS Exams plus Pony Club and Riding for the Disabled; we also run a 30-horse livery yard with competition and leisure horses. First class facilities include indoor and outdoor arenas, show jumps, cross country course, horsewalker, solarium and year-round turn-out.
We are located in East London close to the Olympic Park with good transport links to central London.